What the scale says...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The start of a long journey

So my story starts like that of many others who have struggled with being overweight most of their lives...a little here, a couple of pounds there, the sundae with extra hot fudge on that tough day and evetually you look at yourself in the mirror....HOLY CRAP !!! WHAT HAPPENED TO ME ???? HOW COULD I DO THIS TO MYSELF !!!????? I could sit here and come up with a million different excuses and justifications for "How" it happened...but at the end of it, it doesnt matter how it happened but more like what am I gonna do about it ???

Like so many other "big", "chunky", "large" whatever you want to call us, it was my dependednce,NEED and total loss of control for food that got me where I am. So I am deciding to take the reins and take control of my life, weight, figure and future!!! The best way to do this is to be honest, transparent with myself and accoutable for my food actions. So I am starting the journey to a new me and it starts with getting banded !!

At 5'4 and 265 lbs with a BMI of 42.2 I have decided that I need help in taking back control so I have decided to get weight loss surgery and having a Lap Band placed. I struggled with the idea of feeling like that was the loser option for people who cant do it on their own but I have since had my eyes opened to the reality of what the Lap Band does and the sobering fact that I do need help and I cant do this on my own...that why I am where I am with my weight.

Sooooo... on friday I have my first appoitment at the NYU surgery center for my nutritional assesment and psychological evaluation and have my 1st official surgical consultation next week !! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes fine and that I can get a surgery date soon ( and that the insurance cooperates !!! PLEASE !!!)

SO I will be using this blog to chronocile my journey but also as a way of making me accoutable for my progress through this journey. I will try to be as honest and blunt about my progress and post my weight at all intervals, instead of hiding and sneaking around in the dark to step on the scale !!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment