What the scale says...

Sunday, November 22, 2009

My weight loss TOP 10 !!

A while back on LBT we had created a post about what our top 10 milestone, acheivement, reward goals were for our weight loss. The list was compiled when we were all pre-op and seemes like very lofty goals at the time but as I go through this journey I find that I am most happily meeting some of those already and wanted to revamp my top 10, as well as note the ones that I've accomplished already !

Since food was always such a BIG part of every aspect of my life and since I used it as a solace and a reward mechanism I wanted to set rewards that were completely non-food based !! and I actually found this great article which I'm aincluding at the bottom of the post that has some great ideas...

My Top 10 list....

10. Being able to do 30 minutes on the elliptical without dying ( TOTALLY DONE)
9.  Being able to bend over and tie my sneakers without feeling like I'm having a heart attach ( TOTALLY DONE)
8. Being able to wear a belt with my jeans, without having to add extra holes for it to fit ( TOTALLY DONE )
7. Being able to say GOOD BYE to the plus size store for EVER !! ( GOOD BYE AVENUE !!)
6. Being able to sit in my airplane seat only without spilling over or being uncomfortably tight ( Will see next month!)
5. Being able to wear knee high boots and a cute skirt
4. Able to give myself a pedicure
3. Walking into Vickie's and confidently buying the cutest lingerie there in a normal size
2. Making hubby drool in such afprementioned purchase
1. Taking sexy professional budoire (sp?) pictures for hubby in said purchase and having effect mentioned in # 2

I still have a couple of these to accomplish but I feel DAMN good that I've conquered some of these already !! Rewards are a big part of any project and I think that I am my most important project so... much to the hubby's discontent,I hope to have something else in the mail on it's way to me soon !! LOL !! Maybe I just need to find somewhere else to ship it too...LMAO !!

********************************************************************************

10 Ways to Reward Weight Loss Efforts Without Food







By Carmen Staicer - DietsInReview.com


If you are in the habit of rewarding yourself with food for a job well done, what do you do when those treats no longer fit your diet plans? When you are trying to lose weight, it goes against all you are working toward to celebrate that five pound weight loss with a big slab of cheesecake (unless you're prepared to hit the gym to burn those 500 calories!).

As you work toward your weight loss goals, staying motivated can become very difficult. Often rewarding yourself is just the motivation you need. So here are 10 non-food rewards to celebrate your hard work.


• Purchase a new exercise DVD


• Try a new fitness class - if you are walking, try a spin or martial arts class. You have to think beyond your comfort zone!


• A new outfit to set off your slimmer figure


• New music for your MP3 player


• Reward your hard working muscles with a massage


• Get a mini makeover with a new hair color or new makeup


• Start a savings account and set aside a small amount of money for each pound lost - between $1 and $5. When you reach your goal, donate that money to your local food bank.


• Do something you never had the courage to do when you were heavy. Maybe hang gliding, sky diving, or para sailing?


• Get a new tattoo or piercing


• Schedule meet-ups with friends in a non-food atmosphere. Why not catch up while hiking or get pedicures?


How do reward yourself for all of your hard work?

6 comments:

THE DASH! said...

OOOh excellent post - and look at all those goals achieved.. how good must that feel. Congrats :)

Nicole said...

I want to do Boudoir pictures too!!
Great accomplishments! Think it's more exciting to see in writing what you have accomplished.

Kinzie said...

These are great lists! You got me to thinking too..

CeeJay said...

Such inspiration! Loved reading your blog. Congratulations on all your successes!

Robyn said...

Once again, you've posted a really helpful article. I'm totally someone who has used food as a reward, I'm going to have to work on changing my mentality. Congrats on meeting so many of your goals!

La Familia Crespo said...

Doing awesome so far sis! I'm very proud and can't wait to see you in less than a month!

Post a Comment