What the scale says...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Chinese Food Incident...


It's funny I've read more than one recent post on food cravings and eating way more than normal during the TOTM and I sit here raising my hand in a guilty as charged manner..I'll tell you why..

I consider myself to be a good band rule follower meaning no drinking with meals, eating my protein first, cutting out the excess sugar and liquid calories...ya da ya da ya da but there is always that week ( sometimes week and half) where my brain takes a detour and goes into this " OMG we need to eat that and that and ooo some of that too !!" Meaning way MORE than my allotted portion. Yesterday was such a day and it happend to be that hormonal bitch that lives in my brain chose chinese food of all things !! that of couse meant a load of healthy band friendly food like...
- a cup of house special fried rice
- 4 jumbo sized crispy ( meaning FRIED) shrimp in red sauce
- 4 FRIED pork dumplings
- 3 strips of honey roast pork

Did you notice the " Fried" theme as the common denominator in all of that ?? C'mon really Jacquie ?? But wait it gets better...guess what I had for lunch today..yep Chinese food left overs, although I did control my portions better but still it's the same crap....GD hormones !!!

I cant beleive that I'm actually hoping the (.) comes soon so i can get back to normal and get my restriction back...and stop crying at those GD commercials about the polar bears and the melting ice cap !!!

BTW of course my visa into Onderland has been temporarily suspended..I'm telling you freaking hormones..i cant imagine what would men do if they had to deal with them !! LOL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men would self destruct in 2 days...no question about it. Here's hoping the (.) gets here and gone soon! Also I am now craving chinese...darnit!

THE DASH! said...

MMM that Chinese list sure did sound good. Just shrug it off, Jaquie... we all have those kinds of days where nothing seems to fill us up. The trick is not continuing on like it for days and days lol which is easier said than done! I like Southern Belle's comment about men self-destructing - that is SO true!!

jennyr1222 said...

Ha...me and my going crazy with the nuts, you and your chinese food. It's craziness I tell you!! Tomorrow is another day my dear. So looking forward to Sunday. I'll email you offline to confirm time/place. xoxo

Barbara said...

ahww.. you just brought back fond memories of my favorite Chinese food, chicken with string beans, cashews and schezuan sauce.. ymmmy.. but then I blow up with all the salt.. and pee my brains out the next two days.. but it is sooo good. No harm in enjoying it now and then..

Kristin said...

You're killing me with the polar bears and ice cap crying. Too funny. I so know those days when I just eat and eat and eat. The good news is, it seems to disappear as quickly as it comes. Hang in there, and have a great weekend!

Girl Bandit said...

Too funny. Not much of a pigout to the non banded I suppose. Funny I thought most people got more restriction with the (.)? (Love that . by the way)

Unknown said...

Good ol' Aunt Flo..... (that's what I call (.)...) I see she left my house, and reported directly to yours! I was up 2 pounds last week because of her.... and I see she diverted to you two-town.... not to worry, you'll be re-routed back to Onederland once she moves on to the next gal on her list!

And your pig-out? PLEASE....... what would you have eaten LAST year at this time?? Hmmm?

Not to mention Aunt Flo bloat... all the salt/MSG in the rice probably is sitting on your ankles right now, teasing your scale.

Pe-shaw.... it'll be GONE in a few days, MAX! You're rocking your back Jaq...... and if once a month, you eat something FRIED.... then an extra 20 minutes on the treadmill should do you some good :)

xxooK

Post a Comment